TENS can be used for the treatment and alleviation of postoperative pain, and in recent years, transcutaneous nerve stimulation therapy has also been gradually housing holdized.
Currently, a TENS unit is widely used in the fields of medical treatment, physical therapy, disease prevention, and even medical beauty.
Top 5 TENS Unit
- NEED PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH PAIN RELIEF? A TENS unit muscle stimulator and electric massager that provides pain relief, acts as a muscle massager or shoulder massager, provides carpal tunnel relief, and acts as a muscle relaxer(great for muscle recovery)
- Multi-functional Tens Massager with 24 Preprogrammed Massage Modes for Pain and Muscle Relief. TENS unit help reduce pain and muscle spasms caused by a wide range of conditions including: arthritis, period pain, knee pain, neck pain, back pain, sports injuries.Tens massager is a powerful weapon in your fight against chronic pain.
- A/B DUAL CHANNELS TENS: You can set separate modes and intensities for channel A and channel B, the TENS last memory function will remember your preference of mode setting, you do not need to search from 24 modes again. Relax your body and have pain management anytime with our NURSAL TENS electrotherapy pulse massager and accessories.
- USER FRIENDLY - Modes are clearly labelled as "Neck", "Shoulder","Back", "Elbow", "Hip", "Foot/Hands", "Knee", "Joint", "Acu", "Knead", "Tap", "Random" The large LCD display with new featured backlight shows you at a glance exactly what you need for your targeted area.
- WHAT IS TECHCARE MASSAGER : It is a combination of TENS and PMS device, drug free method of pain relief used by Physical Therapists and prescribed Doctors for over 40 years. TechCare Massagers delivers low-voltage pulses to the skin to stimulate nerve fibers effectively blocking the pain signal to your brain. Also increases natural endorphins--a natural pain reliever. There will be NO need for pain pills ANYMORE!
Last update on 2021-05-02 at 07:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to Use Tens Unit
1. The electrode is often placed at a particular point, that is, the trigger point, the acupuncture point, and then moving point.
Because of the low skin resistance at these special points, there is a high-density input to the central nervous system.
These points are effective parts for placing the electrodes.
2. Frequency selection The patient feels that the symptoms can be relieved.
Chronic pain should be 14 ~ 60Hz; postoperative pain should be 50 ~ 150Hz; herpes pain should be 15 ~ 180Hz; peripheral nerve injury after 30 ~ 120Hz.
It is generally advisable for the patient to choose the frequency that he or she considers appropriate. Most patients are suitable for a stimulation frequency of 100 Hz and a width of 0.1 to 0.3 ms.
3. Current intensity: It is necessary to cause visible tremors without pain. Generally, 15 ~ 30mA, depending on disease tolerance.
4. Treatment time: treatment of burning neuralgia for 2 to 3 minutes. It usually takes 20 minutes and can last up to 1 hour or several hours.
Headache, migraine, neuralgia, burning neuralgia, phantom limb pain, cervical pain, joint pain, abdominal pain, toothache, low back pain, stomach pain, dysmenorrhea, acute sprain of soft tissue or joint, swelling and pain caused by injury, postoperative pain, production Pain, cancer pain, etc.
In conclusion, TENS affects acute, chronic, and neuropathic pain, and the efficacy of short-term treatment is higher than that of long-term therapy.
- A patient with a pacemaker. In particular, on-demand pacemakers should be noted, because the current of the TENS is likely to interfere with the pace of the pacemaker.
- Stimulate carotid sinus.
- The waist and the lower abdomen of the pregnant woman.
- Local sensory loss and electrical allergy to patients.