An oral thermometer is a meter used to measure the temperature of the mouth.
In situations where it is not convenient to measure the temperature of the underarms, such as wearing too much clothing and not being able to move your arms at will, it is more convenient and faster to choose an oral thermometer.
Top 5 Oral Thermometer
- QUICK, ACCURATE RESULTS – This Vicks Thermometer provides accurate, simple to understand the readings in only 8 seconds, so you can get results quickly, when you need them most. It also has a memory feature that recalls and displays last temperature taken
- Safe Oral Thermometer for Adults: Soft silicone tip with stainless steel probe is reliable. A medical thermometer that can be used orally rectal or underarm use. Convenient and safe for you and your family
- Fast and Accurate Reading: Fast measurement, normally is 0.5-1 minute. This thermometer is clinically accurate with high precision
- COMFORTFLEX DIGITAL THERMOMETER: Vicks ComfortFlex Thermometer gives you temperature in 8 seconds & the Fever InSight display lets you easily see if the temperature indicates a fever. This digital thermometer can be used orally, rectally, or underarm.
- Fast and Accurate Reading: Fast measurement, normally is 1-2 minute. This thermometer is clinically accurate with high precision. Note: New and old packaging will be distributed randomly!
Last update on 2021-07-22 at 05:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to buy an oral thermometer
Generally, the oral thermometer is composed of four parts, the head is a temperature sensing component, the shaft is a digital temperature display, the power switch button is next to it, and the battery box and cover are at the end.
Pay attention to the following points when purchasing electronic thermometer:
1. Appearance inspection.
Electronic thermometers are generally small and beautiful, with smooth and flawless surfaces.
2. Power on inspection.
Set the switch button to the on position, check whether the display mark of the electronic thermometer is correct, disconnect the power and then connect, and observe whether the electronic thermometer also shows the correct mark.
If, after multiple power on and off tests, the correct indication of the electronic thermometer is the same, and the underarm temperature displayed by the electronic thermometer is consistent, indicating that the repeatability of the electronic thermometer is good.
If the electronic thermometer displays an abnormality, it means that the battery of the electronic thermometer is exhausted, or the electronic thermometer is in poor contact somewhere.
3. Accuracy check.
Press the switch button, and the “LOC” mark appears on the LCD of the electronic thermometer. Put the electronic thermometer under the tongue for 1 minute. When the “C” mark stops flashing, the reading displayed by the electronic thermometer is the body temperature, which is the oral temperature.
Repeat the measurement several times. The oral temperature should be the same. If it is not the same, the repeatability of the electronic thermometer is not good. It cannot be selected and does not need to be checked for accuracy.
If the temperature of the oral, electronic thermometer is exactly the same, the temperature can be measured for 2-3 minutes under the armpit,
The electronic thermometer reading when the “C” mark stops flashing is the underarm temperature.
Similarly, the temperature value of the electronic thermometer under the armpit is the same when measured several times.
Generally, the oral temperature of an electronic thermometer is about 1 degree higher than the temperature of the armpit. If the temperature of the oral cavity tested is too high or too low compared to the temperature of the armpit, the accuracy of the electronic thermometer can be considered unsatisfactory.
How to properly use an oral thermometer
Before using the oral thermometer, close your lips for about 1 minute to stabilize the temperature in the mouth.
After the error, place the thermometer’s temperature-sensitive head on the inner root of the sublingual tongue and close the lips for about 1 minute after making close contact with the tongue.
When the ℃ symbol on the display screen of the electronic thermometer stops flashing or sounds, it means that the oral temperature of the electronic thermometer has been measured.