In daily life and work, many people often look at the computer and mobile phone screen. After a long time, their eyes are very dry,
Many people are used to taking a bottle of eye drops with them. If they are not comfortable, they take them out,
One is to moisten the eyes to relieve dryness, and the other is that more people think eye drops have the effect of anti-inflammatory and eye protection.
Top 5 Eye Drops Reviews of 2020
- EYE DROPS FOR RED EYES: LUMIFY redness reliever eye drops significantly reduce redness to help reveal your eyes' natural radiance. From the eye care experts at Bausch + Lomb, LUMIFY works in 1 minute & lasts up to 8 hours.
- Clear eyes redness relief eye drops relieve redness from minor irritations and protect against further irritations
- #1 Dr Recommended Brand of Artificial Tears*, packaging may vary
- These eye drops can also help relieve natural dryness, or dryness resulting from environmental factors like allergies, smoke, wind or sun exposure.
- Clear Eyes Triple Action Lubricant Eye Drops relieve redness, irritation, & lubricates mild dry eyes
Last update on 2020-09-21 at 02:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to choose eye drops
Did you know that most eye drops contain preservatives, which can damage your eyes if you use them too often!
Pay attention to some words on the eye drops the package, such as benzalkonium chloride, tert butyl trichloride, benzalkonium bromide, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, which are the scientific names of preservatives. Do not abuse them.
So, how to choose eyedrops in our daily life?
1. look at the quantity.
There are two kinds of eye drops: ordinary eye drops and daily eye drops.
Generally, if it is a small bottle of eye drops that can not be used up on the same day, most of them contain preservatives.
2. Look at the outer packaging
According to relevant laws and regulations, the chemical names of preservatives used in eye drops on the market are generally listed in the ingredients, such as benzalkonium chloride, tert butanol, benzalkonium bromide, potassium sorbate, etc.;
If the product does not add preservatives, it will generally indicate “no preservatives” on its outer packing box.
3. Ingredients of eye drops
- Vitamin B6, B12, taurine
It can relieve fatigue and replenish nutrition and water properly.
- Naphazoline hydrochloride, hydroxymezoline hydrochloride, etc
It is used to relieve conjunctival hyperemia and eliminate red blood filament.
- Chlorphenamine Maleate
It is used to relieve allergic symptoms such as itchy eyes.
- “Song” eye drops
Such as dexamethasone, fluticasone, for allergic ophthalmopathy, keratitis, conjunctivitis, optic neuritis, and other ophthalmopathy.
4. Use Artificial Tears
In addition to the need for long-term use of eye drops patients, in addition to the choice of non-preservative products, it is recommended to choose “artificial tears” products.
Artificial tears are substitutes that mimic the components of human tears. It is a kind of eye drops, which can play the role of moistening the eyes.
Artificial tears can play a role in moistening the eyes, the use of artificial tears can effectively relieve symptoms so that the patient’s eye surface to re-form an artificial protective film.
Eye drops need to be seen by a doctor before you can confirm whether you are suitable to use them!
Do not blindly use a certain kind of eye drops for a long time!
It should also be noted that after the eye drops are opened if they are not used up, they should not be stored for more than four weeks.