Most people care about their weight, but for people who lose weight and keep fit, body fat percentage is a more important reference indicator.
Because weight loss does not mean less fat in the body, choosing a good body fat scale can better understand your body data, not just weight.
In addition to measuring body weight, the body fat scale can also measure fat, moisture and other weighing scales.
Its principle is that muscle contains more blood and other water, which can conduct electricity, but fat is not conducive.
Because the channel conductor of the current in the body is a muscle, the weight of the muscle can be known from the difficulty of the current.
From this, it can be judged that in the proportion of body weight, the proportion of fat in people with less muscle is higher.
Top 5 Body Fat Scale
- Renpho smart app works in connection with fitness apps. Easy setup app works with Fitbit App, Google Fit. Renpho already has millions of happy global users.
- Work with fitness app - smart scale with easy operation, download "FITINDEX" APP through apple store or google play, work with APPLE Health, GOOGLE Fit, Samsung Health and offers App for Apple Watch, keep you and your family healthy.
- Sync with Fitness Apps; Our arboleaf body composition scale syncs with popular fitness Apps and allows Bluetooth 4.0, Android 4.3, and iOS 8.0 or above systems to use. Our Bluetooth scales can feed your health body fat data to the Apps, including AppIe Health, Google Fit, and Fitbit App so that you can track and manage your health metrics easier and more convenient
- Super High Quality and Accuracy. Posture scale is equipped with 4 high precision G-shape sensors and 4 high sensitive electrodes, with advanced BIA technology to ensure your accurate readings with division at 0.2lb/100g, up to maximum capacity 400lb/180kg. With extra large display, low power / overload indication, step-on technology and 4xAAA batteries included.
- Measures 7 different fitness indicators: Body fat percentage, BMI, skeletal muscle, resting metabolism, visceral fat, body age, and weight
Last update on 2021-07-22 at 05:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Body Fat Scale Shopping Guide
1. What you need to know: How body fat scales work
Body fat scales use BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Method) measurement to measure body fat. The principle of this technique is to distinguish between adipose tissue and non-fat tissue by different electrical conductivity.
Adipose tissue and non-fat tissue have different water contents, so resistivity is different. Non-fat tissue has more water and lower resistance.
Because fat has very small water content, resistance is higher.
2. The more body data the body fat scale tests, the better?
In fact, whether it is a body fat scale of tens of yuan or a body fat scale of several hundred yuan, the core hardware is a weight sensor and an electrode (for BIA analysis).
For most users, the three most important data items are weight, BMI index, and body fat percentage, while other data are based on the user’s height, gender, age, weight, and body fat percentage. , Combined with a certain data model algorithm.
Of course, there are differences in algorithms for different brands, but in general, they are not too far behind.
3. The three core indexes of the body you should pay attention to most:
- body weight
Of the data measured by body fat scales, weight is a key one.
- BMI Index
The BMI index (namely, Body Mass Index) is a number obtained by dividing the weight in kilograms by the square of the height and meters. It is a standard commonly used in the world to measure human body fatness and thinness and whether it is healthy.
Because these two data are only related to weight and height, the weight data and BMI index provided by the body fat scale are both highly accurate, and there is no difference between the various product models.
- Body fat rate
Body fat percentage refers to the proportion of body fat weight in the total body weight, also known as body fat percentage, which reflects the amount of fat in the body.
According to different locations in the body, body fat can be divided into subcutaneous fat and visceral fat, and obesity can be divided into uniform obesity and visceral fat accumulation obesity.
In terms of data accuracy, the body fat scale can really show the difference is the body fat rate.
How to choose a body fat scale
We will focus on the selection of body fat scales and the ease of use of body fat scales and APPs.
A highly usable app can not only store a large number of historical records, generate trend charts, help users understand the impact of daily habits on their bodies, but also give users advice on exercise and diet so that people can achieve a better body status.
Focus on these three points when buying:
1. Whether the connection with the mobile phone is smooth
There are currently two ways to connect body fat scales to mobile phones: Bluetooth or WiFi connection. The connection method of ordinary body fat scales is Bluetooth. Better body fat scales generally have Bluetooth and WIFI connection functions.
When purchasing, you should check the speed of the connection between the body fat scale and the mobile phone, and the speed of data upload. Because during our evaluation of the body fat scale, we found that some products have very slow app startups, close to 30 seconds, and the phone is blank. It has not completed a startup, which greatly affects the user experience.
Somebody fat scales do not automatically upload data to the app after the measurement is completed but need to be uploaded manually. The upload speed is slow and the failure rate is high.
And a good body fat scale will make you very worry-free. When you stand on the body fat scale, the data can be automatically synchronized to the App, and you can also automatically record your weight, generate a weight change trend, and even for user movement and Keep track of your diet and make recommendations.
2. Data storage and trend reflection
In terms of data, of course, the richer the better. Now, many-body fat scale apps can record test data for multiple users, and some can store data for up to 16 people.
When buying a body fat scale, you also need to check whether the data can be stored when the network is offline and whether the data can be automatically synchronized to the APP cloud after reconnecting to the Internet.
On the data trend chart, excellent products show specific values at each measurement point, not just a curve. This design allows users to know more clearly how much the measurement data changes each day, without having to Move the curve back and forth to get specific values.
3. ease of use
The ease of use of the body fat scale is reflected in many details, such as the readability of the LED display, and the 3.5-inch blue backlit display is more comfortable when reading than the 2-inch non-backlit display.
In addition, the design of the corners of the body fat scale is also very important. The corners are designed to have a certain radian, which can avoid being injured by the corners.
Some experts also pointed out that the readings of body fat scales will change due to changes in the body’s water content, and even the clothes a person wears.
Therefore, instead of tangling the accuracy of body fat percentage when buying, it is better to focus on the change of data.
That is to say, on the trend of body fat rate, it will be really helpful for us to obtain the trend formed by multiple sets of data over a period of time.
I believe that after reading this, everyone knows how to choose a good body fat scale.